Welcome to the Net Price Calculator
We're glad that you're beginning to explore how to pay for your college education. Using the Net Price Calculator you can find out your eligibility for financial aid from schools to which you plan to apply, estimate your college expenses, and learn how much may be expected from you and your family.
Younger students and their families can use this tool to learn about college costs and receive early financial aid information. You can create "what if" scenarios based on your expected family income and expenses, and start to plan and save well before applying to college.
Colleges have different resources and financial aid policies, so your "net price" may vary from one institution to another.
To begin, sign in with your College Board user name and password or use the calculator as a guest. The advantage of signing in is that the information you enter can be saved in your account, so you can use it again to calculate your net price at other colleges that may interest you.
Keep in Mind that:
- This calculator provides estimates of need-based aid. All financial aid at Amherst is based on demonstrated financial need. There are no merit-based or athletic awards.
- The contribution estimated here is only as reliable as the data you enter.
- Family contributions may vary among colleges according to institutional policies and professional judgments. Amherst College uses the basic guidelines of the College Board's "Institutional Methodology" to determine family contributions.
- The Office of Financial Aid is the final arbiter in determining your family contribution. The estimate derived using this calculator should provide a good approximation of your expected contribution.
- Special circumstances are treated on a case-by-case basis. Information about any unusual financial situation should be communicated in writing to the Office of Financial Aid at the time of your application.
The calculator is intended to estimate a family contribution for students residing in the United States. It does not apply to international students.