Welcome to Barnard's Net Price Calculator! The financial aid calculator has been designed in collaboration with the College Board to assist prospective students and their families in estimating a family contribution and a need-based award if the student were to attend Barnard. The calculator is intended for U.S. citizens and permanent residents only. We're glad you are beginning to explore how to plan and pay for your college education. Using the calculator, you can get an estimate of the amount of financial aid you may be offered if you are accepted to Barnard.
Colleges have different resources and financial aid policies, so your "net price" may vary from institution to institution.
To begin, sign in with your College Board user name and password or use the calculator as a guest. The advantage of signing in is that the information you enter will be saved in your account, so you can use it again and again to calculate your net price at other colleges that may interest you.
The calculator is designed to give you an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify for if you were a first-year college student attending Barnard full-time in the 2017-2018 academic year. It is a tool which we hope will give you a clear picture of options and opportunities so you can make more informed decisions about your college choices.
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This is not an application for admission or financial aid.
- The estimated results will only be as reliable as the data you provide.
- The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of your net price and aid eligibility. Barnard College has the final word on your financial aid award.
- The cost of attendance, estimated family contribution (EFC), and estimated awards are based on Barnard's financial aid policies for the 2017-2018 academic year. The policies may change and could affect the EFC and award at the time of admission.
- The estimated family contribution (EFC) is the combination of a student's contribution and parents' contribution and is determined based on the income and asset information you provided. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.barnard.edu/finaid
- If the applicant's parents are divorced or separated, the calculator should be completed by the custodial and non-custodial parents individually. The separate Parent Contributions should then be added together for the final family contribution.
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the College Board's Profile by November 1, 2016 for Early Decision and by February 1, 2017 for Regular Decision.
- The final award may vary due to Barnard College's financial aid policies at the time of admission.
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. Before you begin the process, gather the most recent tax forms and pay stubs of the prospective student and parents to assist in answering the questions.
Students Already Attending Barnard
The calculator is provided to give prospective students an "estimate" of what their family contribution might be if they were to attend Barnard. It is not intended to be used by returning students to determine their eligiblity for need-based aid.