Welcome to the Net Price Calculator for Finlandia University! You've come to the right place. We're happy you are beginning to explore how to plan and pay for your college education. We will help you every step of the way. Using the net price calculator, you can find out your eligibility for financial aid from schools to which you plan to apply and estimate your out-of-pocket expenses. Rather than shy away from applying to colleges that seem to be out of your price range, results from the net price calculator will show you how affordable those institutions may be.
Even if you're not going to college in the near future, the net price calculator will still be helpful. Younger students and their parents can use this tool to learn about college costs and receive early financial aid information. You can create "what if" scenarios based on expected family income and anticipated expenses, and start to plan and save well before applying to college.
Colleges have different resources and financial aid policies, so your "net price" will vary from institution to institution. Also, special circumstances are considered by financial aid offices on a case-by-case basis. If your situation is unusual, you may want to contact the financial aid office at the colleges to which you are admitted.
Please note: We at Finlandia University pride ourselves on providing all students and their families with individualized, uncommon attention. As a result, when looking over the information provided in the Net Price Calculator, please know that you are welcomed and encouraged to contact our offices at any point to go over your individual situation and answer any questions or concerns you may have. We would be more than happy to help you look into other options that may be available to help you make attending our institution a reality.
While we encourage all interested people to take advantage of the Net Price Calculator, we do want to emphasize that the questions are geared towards first-time, incoming students to Finlandia.
When you're ready to begin, you can sign in with your College Board user name and password or use the calculator as a guest. The advantage of signing in is that the information you enter will be saved in your account, so you can use it again and again to calculate your net price at other colleges of interest. Good luck!
The calculator is designed to give you an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify for if you were a college freshman attending school full-time in the academic year indicated. It is a tool which we hope will give you a clear picture of options and opportunities so you can make more informed decisions about your college choices.
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This is not an application for admission or financial aid.
- The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide.
- The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of your net price and aid eligibility. The financial aid office has the final word on your financial aid award.
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1 of the year you plan to attend college.
- Finlandia University's institutional funding is primarily awarded off of your incoming GPA. As a result, if there are any changes to your final GPA versus an estimated GPA you provide, this could result in a differing amount of funding.
- All figures are based on Finlandia University's policies for the 2012-13 Academic Year. Our institutional funding is given at these current 2012-13 policy levels for the Fall and/or Spring semesters to students that are attending full-time (12 - 18 credits). The numbers reported within the Net Price Calculator are figured for Fall and Spring semesters. Finlandia University reserves the rights to change these funding policies, which may affect the amount of money a student is awarded.
- Students that file their FAFSA and apply to the University at a later date may find the institutional funding has been modified due to the demand of applications, along with the amount of funding that has already been obligated to student awards.
- Michigan residents may also find themselves eligible for grant funding from the State of Michigan that may not be included in the Net Price Calculator findings. These grant programs may include the Michigan Tuition Grant and/or the Tuition Incentive Program (TIP). In regards to the Michigan Tuition Grant, while the NPC can gauge if you are eligible by basic requirements, a student should contact our office for a better understanding of program requirements. To inquire about eligibility for TIP, students may contact the State of Michigan Office of Scholarships and Grants at 1-888-4-GRANTS.
- In the Net Price figures listed at the end of the calculations, please note that off-campus students are NOT charged for room/board, travel, or personal costs. Those figured into the calculation are estimates of what a student may be responsible for on their own. Off-campus, new, incoming students would be charged directly from the University for: tuition, fees (general, matriculation, and program) and any additional fees/fines that a student may accumulate on their own. On-campus students will be charged directly from the University for tuition, fees (general, matriculation, and program), room and board, and any additional fees/fines that a student may accumulate on their own. Of course, students will also be responsible for any and all book prices.
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it might be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.