Welcome to the Net Price Calculator for Harvey Mudd College! Whether you plan on attending college next year, or in several years, we are pleased that you are beginning to explore how to plan and pay for your college education.
We understand that financing a Harvey Mudd education can be a daunting task for many families. For this reason, we hope the Net Price Calculator will provide your family with a clearer understanding of the costs they might expect if you were to attend HMC in the upcoming academic year.
What is a Net Price Calculator? A Net Price Calculator is not an application for financial aid. Rather, it is a tool used to analyze your family's financial position based upon income, asset, and family information that you provide. Using this information, the Calculator estimates the amount of grants, scholarships, and other financial aid that may be available to you. Your "net price" is the difference between this estimated available aid and the cost of attendance. Please note that, because each college has different resources, priorities, and financial aid policies, your "net price" may vary from one institution to another.
When using the Net Price Calculator, please keep the following in mind:
- Calculations are based on the parameters for a first-year student entering HMC in Fall 2013, and only serve the needs of US citizens and permanent residents. International applicants should visit the Office of Financial Aid website for more information about aid available for international students.
- The Net Price Calculator is primarily intended to serve as a guide regarding your eligibility for need-based financial aid at HMC. HMC's Office of Financial Aid is the final authority for determining the family contribution used to determine need-based scholarship eligibility.
- Results of the Net Price Calculator do not include potential funding from HMC merit-based scholarships. With the exceptions of the National Merit Scholarship and the RIF Scholarship offered by our Mathematics Department, the Office of Admission selects the recipients of HMC merit-based scholarships which first-year students will receive. To learn more about HMC's merit awards, please visit the Office of Admission website.
- The results of this Calculator depend upon the accuracy and completeness of the information you provide.
- Your information will not be retained or transmitted to Harvey Mudd College in any way, nor will HMC be able to provide this information to any third party.
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation. It will be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.