Welcome to the net price calculator for Indiana University Bloomington! We are excited that you are interested in IU and look forward to partnering with you and your family as you begin the journey of selecting a college and applying for admission. The IU Net Price Calculator is an important tool in this process. It will allow you to estimate your cost of attendance and eligibility for financial aid and show you how you can experience the ideal college experience of Indiana University at an affordable price. We wish you the best and hope that the information you receive through the net price calculator is helpful.
Not ready to apply to college quite yet? The net price calculator will still be useful. Younger students and their parents may use this tool to learn about college costs and receive early financial aid information. You can create "what if" scenarios based on expected family income and anticipated expenses and start to plan and save well before applying to college.
If you decide to apply to Indiana University Bloomington, there are some additional steps that you will need to take to ensure that you receive consideration for financial aid. Primarily, you will need to complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The purpose of the FAFSA is to determine which financial aid programs you may be eligible for by calculating the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) based upon your family’s financial information. You can begin the process of completing the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
When you're ready to begin, you can sign in with your College Board user name and password or use the calculator as a guest. The advantage of signing in is that the information you enter will be saved in your account, so you can use it again and again to calculate your net price at other colleges of interest. Best wishes!
The calculator is designed to give new students an early indication of eligibility for financial aid; the tool is not intended for returning or continuing students. The estimate is available for undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and are attending school full-time in the academic year indicated. It is a tool which we hope will give you a clear picture of options and opportunities so you can make more informed decisions about your college choices.
If you have questions about IU’s Net Price Calculator, please contact Student Central by generating an email through the Student Central website or phoning 812-855-6500, 8:30 a.m. to 6:45 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 6:45 p.m., on Friday.
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This is not an application for financial aid.
- The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide.
- The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of eligibility. The financial aid office has the final word on your financial aid award. The office may have more information available at the time of the official financial aid process causing differences from the estimate.
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1 of your senior year in high school. The priority deadline for completion of the FAFSA to be considered for all types of aid is March 10.
- Students are individually evaluated for merit-scholarships based on their academic achievement. Therefore, merit scholarships are not able to be included in estimates generated by the Net Price Calculator. In order to learn more about the IU Achievement Scholarships and various other scholarship opportunities, please visit scholarships.indiana.edu.
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it might be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.