Welcome to the Lewis & Clark College Net Price Calculator! We're happy you are beginning to explore how to plan and pay for your college education. Using the net price calculator, you can start to get an idea about your eligibility for financial aid from schools to which you plan to apply and estimate your out-of-pocket expenses.
Lewis & Clark offers a rich environment in which to explore your academic passions and establish a foundation for a sucessful and rewarding career and life after college.
As you review the sample award, please keep in mind the following important points:
- The award is representative of what a student in your situation would receive had they been admitted to start at Lewis & Clark as a first-year student in the 2017-2018 academic year.
- This is not a guaranteed financial aid offer. Official financial aid awards are determined by the financial aid office after receipt of all required aid application and supporting documentation.
- This calculator does not replace the financial aid application requirements which include completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov and the CSS Profile at www.collegeboard.com for need-based aid consideration.
- This calculator is intended to provide information for first-year undergraduate U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents. Prospective international students can find information on financial aid for international students at www.lclark.edu/offices/international/admissions/
Colleges have different resources and financial aid policies, so your "net price" will vary from institution to institution. Also, special circumstances are considered by financial aid offices on a case-by-case basis. If you and your family find yourselves in an unusual situation which limits the amount your family can contribute toward your college education, you may want to contact the financial aid office at the colleges to which you are admitted to discuss your particular situation.
When you're ready to begin, you can sign in with the College Board user name and password you used when you've accessed other College Board sites such as the PSAT, or use the calculator as a guest. The advantage of signing in is that the information you enter will be saved in your account, so you can use it again and again to calculate your net price at other colleges of interest.
The calculator is designed to give you an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify for if you were a college freshman attending school full-time in the academic year indicated. It is a tool which we hope will give you a clear picture of options and opportunities so you can make more informed decisions about your college choices.
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This is not an application for admission or financial aid.
- The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide.
- The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of your net price and aid eligibility. The financial aid office has the final word on your financial aid award.
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1 and no later than January 15 of the year you plan to attend college.
- To be considered for Lewis & Clark Grant funding, you must also complete the CSS Profile aid application by the following dates:
- Binding Early Decision - November 1, 2017
- Nonbinding Early Action - November 1, 2017
- Regular Decision - January 15, 2018
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it might be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.