Welcome to the Loyola University Maryland Net Price Calculator! We know you are carefully planning your college search and want to make an informed decision. The Net Price Calculator will help you estimate your eligibility for financial aid and your out-of-pocket expenses. Best of all, it will demonstrate just how affordable a Loyola education can be.
The calculator is a great planning tool. It provides an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify for if you were a college freshman enrolled on a full-time basis for the 2017-18 academic year. Younger students and their parents can use it too, to learn about college costs and receive early financial aid information. It allows you to create "what if" scenarios based on expected family income and anticipated expenses. No matter where you are in the planning process, you'll be able to make more informed decisions about when and how much to save.
Net Price Calculator results do not include merit (non-need-based) scholarships. At Loyola, all freshmen applicants who are accepted for admission are considered for merit-based academic awards. Selection is based on a comprehensive review of the high school academic record including grade performance, course selection, class rank, and strength of the high school. We encourage you to click here for additional information.
Completing the calculator takes approximately 20 minutes. You'll need to answer basic questions about your family's financial situation, so begin only when you have in hand recent tax forms or pay stubs. You'll also find helpful tips throughout.
Here are some points to keep in mind as you complete Loyola University Maryland's Net Price Calculator:
- This is not an application to Loyola for admission or financial aid
- Your information will neither be retained nor relayed to Loyola
- Calculations are based on the parameters for a freshman entering Loyola in Fall 2017
- This calculator provides estimates of need-based aid, not merit-based scholarships
- Your net price is dependent upon the accuracy and completeness of the information you provide and is primarily intended to serve as a general guide to your eligibility for financial aid at Loyola
- The amounts that are reflected during your use of this calculator are estimates; not a final determination or actual award of financial assistance
- Loyola's Office of Financial Aid has the final authority for determining the family contribution and corresponding eligibility for financial aid. Your net price should provide an approximation of your expected contribution
- Special circumstances are treated on a case-by-case basis. Any additional information you might feel helpful in the determination of financial aid eligibility should be communicated to the Loyola Office of Financial Aid during the application process
- To apply for need-based financial aid, you must complete the College Board's CSS PROFILE Application and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by November 15 if you apply for admission using the Early Action option, or by January 15 if you apply for admission using the Regular Decision option