Welcome to the Net Price Calculator for Macalester College. Researching how much college will cost your family is an important step to take in learning how you can make the college of your choice an affordable option for your family. Rather than shy away from applying to colleges that seem to be out of your price range, results from the net price estimator will show you how affordable those institutions may be.
When reviewing your results, please note the following:
- The information entered into the calculator is not a financial aid application and results will not be transmitted to Macalester College.
- The calculated estimate is not a legally binding contract.
- The Financial Aid Office at Macalester will make the final determination of your family's aid eligibility based on a review of all of the components of a completed financial aid application.
- The calculated estimate will not include any eligibility for merit aid. It is designed only to calculate eligibility for need-based financial aid at Macalester College.
- The calculator should be used as a tool for your family to plan for what your college costs might look like and give you a starting point for planning how to pay for your estimated college costs.
- If your parents are divorced or separated, the calculator will work best if you calculate each parent's contribution separately for Macalester aid eligibility. Federal aid eligibility will be based on the parent whom you live with most and their spouse, if applicable.
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it might be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.