Welcome to MIT's Net Price Calculator! We're happy you are beginning to explore how to plan and pay for your college education. Using the net price calculator, you can estimate your eligibility for financial aid and your out-of-pocket expenses. Rather than shy away from applying to colleges that seem to be out of your price range, results from the net price calculator will show you how affordable those institutions may be.
Colleges have different resources and financial aid policies, so your "net price" will vary from institution to institution. Also, special circumstances are considered by financial aid offices on a case-by-case basis.
PLEASE NOTE: This calculator is designed for first-time, full-time students. It will not work for:
- families who are divorced or separated,
- families who have ownership in a business,
- international students, or
- federally independent students.
When you're ready to begin, you can sign in with your College Board user name and password or use the calculator as a guest. The advantage of signing in is that the information you enter will be saved in your account, so you can use it to calculate your net price at other colleges of interest. Good luck!
The calculator is designed to give you an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify for if you were a college freshman attending school full-time in the academic year indicated. It is a tool which we hope will give you a clear picture of options and opportunities so you can make more informed decisions about your college choices.
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This is not an application for admission or financial aid.
- The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide.
- The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of your net price and aid eligibility. The financial aid office has the final word on your financial aid award.
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1 of the year you plan to attend college.
- You must complete the CSS Profile form by February 15 of the year you plan to attend college as well as any required supporting documents (i.e. tax returns, etc.).
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it might be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.