Welcome to the Net Price Calculator! We're happy you are beginning to explore how to plan and pay for your college education. We will help you every step of the way.
Colleges have different resources and financial aid policies, so your "net price" will vary from institution to institution. Also, special circumstances are considered by financial aid offices on a case-by-case basis. If your situation is unusual, you should contact the financial aid office at the colleges to which you are admitted.
When you're ready to begin, you can sign in with your College Board user name and password or use the calculator as a guest. The advantage of signing in is that the information you enter will be saved in your account, so you can use it again and again to calculate your net price at other colleges of interest. Good luck!
The calculator is designed to give you an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify for if you were a college freshman attending school full-time in the academic year indicated. It is a tool which we hope will give you a clear picture of options and opportunities so you can make more informed decisions about your college choices.
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This is not an application for admission or financial aid. This is simply a federally-mandated net price calculator.
- The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide. While federal regulations do not require you to provide academic information, Muhlenberg does factor academic merit into need-based aid packaging. Therefore, providing academic information will ensure a more accurate estimate.
- The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of your net price and aid eligibility. The financial aid office has the final word on your financial aid award.
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1 of the year you plan to attend college but no later than February 15th. Muhlenberg also requires the CSS Financial Aid Profile, the institutional Muhlenberg College Financial Aid Application, and student and parent tax returns and W2 Forms.
- Families with Businesses, Rental Property, Other Real Estate, and/or Non-Custodial Parents should understand that this Net Price Calculator does not incorporate all of the additional, necessary information required to provide a complete analysis that addresses these circumstances. Please keep this in mind when using the Net Price Calculator.
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it might be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin. When completing the information, please use only ONE standardized test score--either ACT OR SAT. (the answer to the standardized test not being used should be I don't know). Putting in an answer to both the ACT AND SAT score box will give you an incorrect financial aid award.