Welcome to Northwestern's Net Price Calculator! This calculator has been designed in collaboration with the College Board to help you as you begin to explore how to plan and pay for your college education. We recognize higher education is a significant investment for your family. By entering your family’s financial data, you may calculate an estimate of your contribution.
Northwestern is committed to providing an individual review of your unique financial situation. Although the calculator is not able to take all of your special circumstances into account, you will have the opportunity to share them should you choose to apply for financial aid.
When you're ready to begin, you can sign in with your College Board user name and password or use the calculator as a guest. The advantage of signing in is that the information you enter will be saved in your account, so you can use it again and again to calculate your net price at other colleges.
The calculator is designed to give you an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify for if you were a college freshman attending school full-time in the academic year indicated.
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This is not an application for admission or financial aid.
- The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide.
- The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of what your family may be expected to pay for college. The financial aid office will make the final determination of your aid eligibility.
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1 of the year you plan to attend college.
- Northwestern also requires the College Board Profile and tax documents. Specific instructions are available on our website, http://undergradaid.northwestern.edu/information-for/prospective-students.html.
- In the case of divorce or separated parents, Northwestern expects a contribution from both parents to the extent of their ability. The calculator should be completed by both custodial and non-custodial parents individually to assess financial aid eligibility.
- This calculator is not able to take into account every family’s unique circumstances. For example, business and farm owners may need to submit additional information to assess eligibility.
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it will be helpful to have recent tax forms and/or pay stubs on hand before you begin.