Welcome to the Net Price Calculator! We're happy you are beginning to explore how to plan and pay for your college education. Results from the Net Price Calculator may show you how affordable college can be and help you make a more informed decision about your college choice. Based on the information you enter about your family's financial situation, you will be presented with a sample award with the following caveats:
- Calculations are based on the parameters for a freshman entering in fall 2013.
- Results are dependent on the accuracy and completeness of the information entered and are intended to provide only a general guide to your eligibility for financial aid. Different colleges have different resources and financial aid policies, so your "net price" may vary from one institution to another.
- Any calculated award is not guaranteed by Pomona and is meant to be an indication of the aid you may be eligible to receive. Pomona’s Office of Financial Aid is the final authority for determining the family contribution used to determine scholarship eligibility. Eligibility for the California State Grant or other state aid is based on your FAFSA application and the completion of your state grant application. State grant eligibility will reduce Pomona Scholarship dollar for dollar.
- This is not an application for financial aid. Your information will not be retained or transmitted to Pomona College in any way.
Even if you're not going to college in the near future, the net price calculator can still be helpful. Younger students and their parents can use this tool to learn about college costs and receive early financial aid information. You can create "what if" scenarios based on expected family income and anticipated expenses, and start to plan and save well before applying to college. For more general information about college planning, visit http://youcango.collegeboard.org to learn more about college choice and financing options.
Plan and Estimate Your Share of College Costs
Do you qualify? This calculator is a tool that can help you determine how college financial aid is awarded. The estimator is meant to be used as a tool for prospective students. It will not provide international or returning students with an accurate estimate of their parental contribution.
Keep in mind the following:
- This calculator provides estimates of need-based aid. There are no merit-based or athletic awards.
- The contribution estimated here is only as reliable as the data you enter.
- The family contribution (FC) may vary among colleges according to their own institutional policies. Pomona College uses the basic guidelines of the College Scholarship Service's Institutional Methodology to determine family contributions.
- Special circumstances are treated on a case by case basis. This information should be communicated in writing directly to the Office of Financial Aid at the time of your application for financial aid.
In the case of divorced or separated parents, you should run separate calculations with each parent’s information. The combination of the two results will be the total expected parent contribution. You should not include a non custodial parent contribution in the calculator if you plan to run separate calculations.
If you have general questions, concerns, or comments about the Net Price Aid Calculator, please feel free to contact us. However, please note that Pomona College is not equipped to troubleshoot individual technical issues.