Welcome to Pomona College’s Net Price Calculator. Pomona is one of the few colleges in the country that is able to accept students based solely on their academic ability rather than their financial situation. All of Pomona’s institutional aid is awarded based on a family's demonstrated need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid. Pomona is committed to making college affordable for you and your family.
Beginning with the 2017-18 academic year, families are now able to apply for financial aid (CSS Profile and FAFSA) using prior year income information. Both applications are available October 1 and should be completed using 2016 federal income tax information. Based on the information you enter about your family's financial situation, you will be presented with sample aid eligibility information with the following caveats:
- Our financial aid program is built on the philosophy that the family (parents and student) have the primary responsibility for paying for college expenses
- Calculations are based on the parameters for a first year student entering during fall of the most current year.
- Results are dependent on the accuracy and completeness of the information entered and are intended to provide only a general guide to your eligibility for financial aid. Different colleges have different resources and financial aid policies, so your "net price" may vary from one institution to another.
- Any calculated award is not guaranteed by Pomona and is meant to be an indication of the aid you may be eligible to receive. Pomona’s Office of Financial Aid is the final authority for determining the family contribution used to determine scholarship eligibility.
- Eligibility for federal financial aid such as the Pell grant, Suupplement Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) and state grant such as the California State Grant or other state aid, is based solely on your FAFSA application and the completion of your state grant application. State grant eligibility is generally determined at the time of your original award. If added later, the grant will reduce Pomona Scholarship dollar for dollar, not the expected family contribution.
- This is not an application for financial aid. Your information will not be retained or transmitted to Pomona College in any way.
Even if you're not going to college in the near future, the net price calculator can still be helpful. Younger students and their parents can use this tool to learn about college costs and receive early financial aid information. You can create "what if" scenarios based on expected family income and anticipated expenses, and start to plan and save well before applying to college. For more general information about college planning, visit http://youcango.collegeboard.org to learn more about college choice and financing options.
Plan and Estimate Your Share of College Costs
Do you qualify? This calculator is a tool that can help you determine how financial aid eligibility is determined at Pomona College. The estimator is meant to be used as a tool for prospective students. It will not provide an accurate estimate for international students or returning students.
Keep in mind the following:
- This calculator provides estimates of need-based aid. There are no merit-based or athletic awards at Pomona.
- The contribution estimated here is only as reliable as the data you enter.
- The family contribution (FC) may vary among colleges according to their own institutional policies. Pomona College uses the basic guidelines of the College Scholarship Service's Institutional Methodology to determine family contributions.The only form required to apply for federal and state financial aid is the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Assistance).
- Special circumstances are treated on a case by case basis. This information should be communicated in writing directly to the Office of Financial Aid at the time of your application for financial aid.
In the case of divorced or separated parents, you should run separate calculations with each parent’s information. The combination of the two results will be the total expected parent contribution. You should not include a non custodial parent contribution in the calculator if you plan to run separate calculations.
If you have general questions, concerns, or comments about the Net Price Aid Calculator, please feel free to contact us. However, please note that Pomona College is not equipped to troubleshoot individual technical issues.