Welcome to Bard College at Simon’s Rock’s Net Price Calculator! You've come to the right place. Using our net price calculator, you can determine whether you are likely to qualify for need-based financial aid, and receive an estimate of your out-of-pocket expenses.
How does it work? The calculator evaluates your family's financial resources using information you provide and estimates the amount of grants, scholarships and other financial aid that you may receive. Your "net price" is the difference between that amount and the cost of attending Simon’s Rock.
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This is not an application for admission or financial aid. The information you provide will not be transmitted to Simon’s Rock.
- The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide.
- The net price calculator gives you an estimate of your net price and aid eligibility, not an official financial aid offer. Official financial aid awards are determined by the Financial Aid Office after you have been admitted and have submitted all of the required financial aid forms and any supporting documentation.
- We're "need blind" in our admission process, which means that applying for financial aid will not affect your chances of being admitted. We encourage you to apply!
- You should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CSS Profile as soon as possible after January 1 of the year you hope to attend Simon’s Rock. In order for the information on these forms to be accurate, your parents should submit their tax returns as soon as possible after receiving their W2 forms.
- Simon’s Rock’s calculator is intended for U.S. citizens and permanent residents only. International students are eligible for both merit- and need-based scholarships; additional information on the financial aid application process for international students can be found here.
- The calculator is not designed to estimate financial aid for families where the parents are separated or divorced. Simon’s Rock requires the Noncustodial Parent PROFILE as part of the financial aid application and will calculate an estimated contribution for each parent.
- Special circumstances are considered on a case-by-case basis. If your situation is unusual, you may want to contact the Financial Aid Office.
Completing the calculator should take around 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it will be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.