Welcome to Stony Brook University’s Net Price Calculator!
Whether you’re just beginning your college search, recently applied, or have already been accepted, this calculator will help you plan for your future as a Stony Brook student. Get an estimate of how much you’ll receive from grants, scholarships, and other financial aid – on top of our very affordable tuition – and we think you’ll recognize why we are consistently named one of the best values among public universities by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance.
A Stony Brook education is a smart investment:
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings places Stony Brook among the top 1% of the world's higher education institutions.
- Year after year, PayScale.com ranks us among public universities with the highest paid graduates.
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This calculator is intended for first-time domestic freshmen.
- This is not an application for admission or financial aid.
- The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide.
- To receive the best possible estimate please have your and your parents' most recent federal tax return on hand.
- The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of your net price and aid eligibility.
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1 of the year you plan to attend college.
- Once you have been admitted to the University the financial aid office will provide you with your actual financial aid award package.