Welcome to the Net Price Calculator! You've come to the right place. We're happy you are beginning to explore how to plan and pay for your college education. We will help you every step of the way. Using the net price calculator, you can find out your eligibility for financial aid from schools to which you plan to apply and estimate your out-of-pocket expenses. Rather than shy away from applying to colleges that seem to be out of your price range, results from the net price calculator will show you how affordable those institutions may be.
Even if you're not going to college in the near future, the net price calculator will still be helpful. Younger students and their parents can use this tool to learn about college costs and receive early financial aid information. You can create "what if" scenarios based on expected family income and anticipated expenses, and start to plan and save well before applying to college.
Colleges have different resources and financial aid policies, so your "net price" will vary from institution to institution. Also, special circumstances are considered by financial aid offices on a case-by-case basis. If your situation is unusual, you may want to contact the financial aid office at the colleges to which you are admitted.
When you're ready to begin, you can sign in with your College Board user name and password or use the calculator as a guest. The advantage of signing in is that the information you enter will be saved in your account, so you can use it again and again to calculate your net price at other colleges of interest. Good luck!
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This calculator is not an application for financial aid or an application for admission.
- The calculator result is only as reliable as the data you enter.
- The estimate of your net price and aid eligibility is just that, an estimate. After you complete the aid application, the College will review your family's financial documents to determine your precise eligibility for our support.
- Since Swarthmore Scholarship is based only on your family's financial situation, not your merits -- this calculator will not factor in how talented and capable you are. All that is wonderful about you will be considered in the admission decision.
- The Financial Aid Office reads each aid application carefully to determine a family's fair share of College expenses and a student's eligibility for our support. Given the simplicity of the calculator and the complexity of some families' financial situation, this tool may not be useful for you. Results may not be accurate for you if your parents are not together, if they have married others, if they are involved in corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships, if they have rental properties, claim investment losses, are ill, or have lost jobs.
- This calculator is intended for use by U.S. prospective students who will enter college in the fall of 2014.
- The information you submit here will not be retained or submitted to the College.
- As you use this calculator be aware that although you might be considered as an independent student for federal aid purposes, your parents' information must be included for Swarthmore Scholarship eligibility determination.
- Special circumstances cannot be handled by this calculator so make certain to include a letter of explanation with your College aid application.