Welcome to Syracuse University's Net Price Calculator. This tool will help you estimate your eligibility for financial aid and your out-of-pocket expenses. Best of all, it demonstrates just how affordable an SU education can be. If you're not already familiar with SU's value and vision, we encourage you to read more. You can take a virtual tour, see what's happening on campus, and a get a taste of the energy and opportunities that await.
The calculator is a great planning tool. It provides an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify for if you were a college freshman attending school full-time in the academic year indicated. Younger students and their parents can use it too, to learn about college costs and receive early financial aid information. It's also useful in creating "what if" scenarios based on expected family income and anticipated expenses. No matter where you are in the planning process, you'll be able to make more informed decisions about when and how much to save.
Completing the calculator usually takes about 20 minutes. You'll need to answer basic questions about your family's financial situation, so begin only when you have in hand recent tax forms or pay stubs. You'll find helpful tips throughout, and an experienced SU financial aid specialist is never more than a call or click away.
Here are a few thoughts to keep in mind when using Syracuse University's Net Price Calculator:
- This process is not an application for financial aid. Your information will neither be retained nor relayed to SU in any way.
- Calculations are based on the parameters for an SU freshman entering fall 2015, U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. International students may view our website for more information.
- This calculator estimates need-based aid. Need-based SU Grant eligibility includes any merit scholarship you may receive. SU's Admission's Office determines merit scholarship eligibility.
- Your net price is dependent upon the accuracy and completeness of the information you provide and is primarily intended to serve as a general guide to your eligibility for financial aid at SU.
- SU's Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs has the final authority for determining the family contribution and any financial aid award. Your net price should provide an approximation of your expected contribution.
- Special circumstances are treated on a case-by-case basis. Any additional information you feel helpful in the determination of financial aid eligibility should be communicated to the SU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs.
The amounts that are reflected during your use of this calculator are estimates. They are not a final determination or actual award of financial assistance to you.
The only way you will know for certain what it will cost to attend Syracuse University, what financial aid you will receive, and what net amount you will have to pay is by applying for admission, completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and all other applications required for financial aid for which you may be eligible, and receiving official notification of your admission and the financial aid you are awarded. Thus the estimate and all other information produced using this calculator shall not be binding upon the Secretary of the United States Department of Education, Syracuse University, the State of New York, or any other person, government, or entity nor shall they have liability of any kind related to them, and you shall have no legal claim of any sort against them, or any of them, with respect to the estimate and all other information produced using this calculator. Read more...