Welcome to the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities Net Price Calculator for future freshmen! We're happy you are beginning to explore how to plan for your college education. The net price calculator can help give you a sense of the need-based financial aid that may be available to you and also estimate your out-of-pocket expenses.
This calculator is designed to give future freshmen an early indication, an estimation, of the need-based financial aid you might qualify for if you were a college freshman attending the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities full-time in the academic year indicated.
Even if you will not be graduating from high school in the near future, the net price calculator will still be helpful. Younger students and their parents can use this tool to learn about college costs and gain information about need-based financial aid. If you have questions about merit-based scholarships or attending the University of Minnesota, please contact the Office of Admissions at 1-800-752-1000 to speak with your freshman admission counselor.
To receive the best estimates of your financial aid eligibility, please read the information below carefully before beginning the calculator.
- Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents’ financial situation so it might be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.
- This is not an application for admission, financial aid, or scholarships.
- The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide.
- The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of your need-based aid, not merit-based scholarships.
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1 of the year you plan to attend college.
- The University of Minnesota-Twin Cities Office of Student Finance has the final authority for determining the family contribution and any financial aid award. Your net price should provide an approximation for your expected contribution.
Please note: The net cost calculator provides an estimate of a student's potential need based financial aid award based on self-reported information. Financial aid award packages are determined after a student has applied and is admitted to the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, and has submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) indicating the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities FAFSA code of 003969.