Welcome to the UNC - Chapel Hill Net Price Calculator! We're happy you are beginning to explore options to plan and pay for your college education. We will help you every step of the way. Using the net price calculator, you may receive an estimate of your eligibility for financial aid at Carolina and estimate your out-of-pocket expenses. We hope that the results of the net price calculator are useful to you in your planning process.
Even if you're not attending college in the near future, the net price calculator will still be helpful. Younger students and their parents may use this tool to learn about college costs and receive early financial aid information. You can create "what if" scenarios based on expected family income and anticipated expenses, and start to plan and save well before applying to college.
Colleges have different resources and financial aid policies, so your "net price" will vary from institution to institution. Also, special circumstances are considered by financial aid offices on a case-by-case basis. If your situation is unusual, you may want to contact the financial aid office at the colleges to which you are admitted.
When you're ready to begin, you can sign in with your College Board user name and password or use the calculator as a guest. The advantage of signing in is that the information you enter will be saved in your account, so you can use it again and again to calculate your net price at other colleges of interest. Best wishes!
The calculator is designed to give you an early indication of your eligibility for financial aid. The estimate is available to undergraduate students planning to enroll in school full-time in the academic year indicated. It is a tool which we hope will give you a clear picture of options and opportunities so you can make more informed decisions about your college choices.
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This is not an application for financial aid.
- The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide.
- The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of eligibility. The financial aid office has the final word on your financial aid award. The office may have more information available at the time of the official financial aid process causing differences from the estimate.
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1 prior to the year you plan to attend college. Also, complete the CSS PROFILE as soon as possible. The priority deadline for completion of these applications to be considered for all types of aid is March 1st.
- Additional eligibility requirements exist for the Carolina Covenant program and cannot be evaluated using this calculator. However, our need-based aid packages are generous and you will get a good idea of your net cost to attend Carolina.
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it might be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.