Welcome

Welcome to the University of New Hampshire’s Net Price Calculator.  The calculator is designed to give you an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify for if you were a college freshman attending school full-time in the academic year indicated.

There are several considerations that must be acknowledged when reviewing the financial aid package you might receive from different colleges and universities.  The first is that the underlying principle governing financial aid is that it is the family’s responsibility to financially support, to the extent possible, their child’s educational expenses. 

Secondly, colleges have different resources and financial aid policies, so your “net price” (total cost minus financial aid) will vary from institution to institution.  The net cost of attendance will give families a clearer sense of the family’s obligations to their child’s educational expenses. 

The third and final consideration is the composition of the financial aid package, with particular attention paid to the amount of loan funds a student is required to borrow in order to finance their education.  For most students, student loans will be a part of their financial aid package , however, families must be mindful of the amount of loans a student borrows, and the amount of loans that may be required of the parents should they decide to finance part of the net cost of attendance using parent loans.   When comparing financial aid offers, it is important to compare total anticipated debt from all sources (both for the student and the parent) when determining the true cost of attendance.

When you're ready to begin, you can sign in with your College Board user name and password or use the calculator as a guest. The advantage of signing in is that the information you enter will be saved in your account, so you can use it again and again to calculate your net price at other colleges of interest. Good luck!

  • Bubble Image 1

    UNH’s goal in financial aid is to make our institution accessible to a broad range of students from around the country.  This is an ambitious goal that requires a substantial institutional financial commitment to meet, and is a goal that, in the current economic climate, cannot be met by the majority of public institutions nationwide.  On average, we currently meet 81% of demonstrated need for our enrolling students.   The remaining 19% of need not covered by financial aid must be absorbed by the family and student.  UNH’s commitments to financial aid have risen dramatically over the past decade, but, as is the case at all but the wealthiest institutions, we can’t meet all demonstrated need for all students. 

The calculator is designed to give you an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify for if you were a college freshman attending school full-time in the academic year indicated. It is a tool which we hope will give you a clear picture of options and opportunities so you can make more informed decisions about your college choices.

As you use the calculator, please remember:

  1. This is not an application for admission or financial aid.
  2. The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide.
  3. The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of your net price and aid eligibility. The financial aid office has the final word on your financial aid award.
  4. You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1 (and prior to March 1) of the year you plan to attend college.

Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it might be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.

  • Bubble Image 2

    READY TO MOVE FORWARD? Sign in with your College Board user name and password, sign up for a College Board account, or enter as a guest.