Welcome to the Net Price Calculator for The University of New Mexico!
As you begin to explore financial aid opportunities, you can use our calculator to find out your eligibility for federal and state grants, as well as University of New Mexico grants and scholarships. The calculator is designed to give you an early estimate of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify for as a freshman attending UNM full-time in the 2018-2019 academic year.
With more than 200 top-quality academic degree programs, there's no career, no future — no life — you can't reach when you begin at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque. UNM is also one of the best educational values in the country.
The Net Price Calculator is a great tool, please keep in mind:
- Calculations are based on the parameters for a freshman entering the University of New Mexico in fall 2018.
- This is not an application for Financial Aid, you must still complete the FAFSA as close to October 1 as possible and prefererably prior to January 5. FAFSA forms and information will be accepted after January 5, but some types of assistance may not be available. We also ask that you submit any additional documentation to our office by January 31 to remain in consideration for priority aid.
- Results are dependent on the accuracy and completeness of the information entered and intended to provide only a general guide to your eligibility for financial aid.
- Any award is not guaranteed by UNM and is meant to be an indication of the aid you may be eligible to receive. UNM’s Financial Aid Office is the final authority for determining any financial aid award.
- Completing your FAFSA is your first step in financial aid, check out UNM's step-by-step guide to Financial Aid.
- This is not an application for financial aid. Your information will not be retained or transmitted to UNM in any way.
- If your income or your parents income has changed significantly from the prior prior tax year, you may qualify for a Special Circumstance Petition; these are considered by the Financial Aid Office on a case-by-case basis. Please visit our "Special Situations" section of our website for more information.
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it might be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.