Welcome to Vassar College’s Net Price Calculator. The purpose of this calculator is to provide an estimation of your college expenses, estimation of your financial aid eligibility from Vassar, as well as provide an outlet to understand your financial circumstances and plan for the future, should you plan to apply or attend Vassar College. Financial aid can be a very daunting task in the application process, and this calculator is meant to offer perspective, as well as insight into the financial aid process, and help students realize the affordability of Vassar College.
As a need-blind institution, Vassar College understands the importance of an affordable education, which is why we offer this net price calculator. This calculator is designed to account for your family’s income, assets, and other factors to give a general estimate of the cost of attendance at Vassar, as well as other expenses you may come across during your education. This calculator is an essential tool for prospective students, parents, and individuals looking to apply a “what if” scenario using their present income to plan and save for college.
The “net price” determined by this calculator is a close estimate of what it may cost you to attend Vassar College, but depends on the information you provide. It is however neither a guarantee of financial aid, or a completely accurate cost of attendance. The “net price” determined by this calculator will also vary from school to school, depending on the manner in which the institution issues financial aid. Outside factors, such as medical expenses and loss of employment, can also effect the cost of attendance at Vassar, and can only be determined on a case-by-case basis with the Office of Financial Aid. Please send us a letter with your additional circumstances should you apply and have outside factors to consider when determining aid eligibility.
This calculator is meant to give an early indication of what it might cost to attend Vassar, should you become a full time student. While it can offer excellent insight into your financial circumstances, we urge you to contact our office with any questions or concerns as you work through the application process. Keep in mind this calculator is not a part of the application process, and only serves to offer financial perspective to prospective students and parents.
To use this financial calculator, you will be submitting information through the College Board system, which keeps your information secure during the process. Please remember the following final notes:
- This is only as accurate as the information you enter
- The calculator is only an estimate of your cost of attendance and eligibility, and has no connection to the information you officially submit when you apply
- This calculator only applies to families and students residing in the United States, and does not accurately estimate costs or apply for International Students
- If either of your parents are divorced or separated, you should complete a separate calculation for each parent. If either parent has remarried, then you should complete the calculator using income and asset information from both your natural parent and your stepparent. The contribution from your natural parent will be prorated based on their income
- The Vassar Financial Aid Website offers much more information about the financial aid process, as well as necessary forms and information related to applying for Financial Aid. You will also need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and complete the CSS Profile along with the Institutional Document Service (IDOC) to be completely eligible for financial aid at Vassar College.
Once again we welcome you to use this calculator as guidance on your path to a college education, and welcome you to contact our office with any questions.
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it might be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.