Welcome to the University of Virginia Net Price Calculator! We're pleased to see that you are beginning to explore how to plan and pay for your college education. By using the net price calculator, you can find out your eligibility for financial aid from schools to which you plan to apply, and you can better estimate your out-of-pocket expenses. Rather than shy away from applying to colleges that seem to be out of your price range, results from the net price calculator will show you how affordable those institutions may be.
Even if you're not going to college in the near future, the net price calculator will still be helpful. Younger students and their parents can use this tool to learn about college costs and receive early financial aid information. You can create "what if" scenarios based on expected family income and anticipated expenses and start to plan and save well before applying to college.
Colleges have different resources and financial aid policies, so your "net price" will vary from institution to institution. Also, special circumstances are considered by financial aid offices on a case-by-case basis. If your situation is unusual, you may want to contact the financial aid office at the colleges to which you are admitted.
When you're ready to begin, you can sign in with your College Board user name and password or use the calculator as a guest. The advantage of signing in is that the information you enter will be saved in your account, so you can use it again and again to calculate your net price at other colleges of interest. Good luck!
The calculator is designed to give you an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify for if you were a college freshman attending school full-time in the academic year indicated. It is a tool which we hope will give you a clearer picture of options and opportunities so you can make more informed decisions about your college options.
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This is not an application for admission to the University of Virginia or an application for need-based financial aid.
- The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide.
- The School of Nursing, the McIntire School of Commerce, and the School of Engineering each have a different tuition and fee structure that this calculator does not reflect. You can find each school's differential on their respective websites at www.virginia.edu.
- The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of your net price and aid eligibility. The financial aid office has the final word on your financial aid award and will conduct a complete verification of the data you supply before offering an official financial aid award.
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CSS/PROFILE (completed at the College Board website) as soon as possible after January 1 of the year you plan to attend college but prior to the March 1, 2014, deadline for applying for state and University funds.
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it might be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.
To apply for undergraduate admission to the University of Virginia, click here.