We are happy that you are beginning to plan for how to pay for your college education. Using the net price calculator, you can estimate your eligibility for financial aid and out-of-pocket expenses and make more informed decisions about college affordability.
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This is not an application for admission or financial aid.
- The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide.
- The net price calculator will only give you an estimate of your net price and aid eligibility. The financial aid office has the final word on your financial aid award.
- You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov) and the CSS PROFILE (PROFILE at www.collegeboard.com) as soon as possible after October 1 of the year before you plan to attend college.
- If your parents are separated, divorced or were never married and are living apart, answer the questions with information about your noncustodial parent. Your noncustodial parent is the parent with whom you lived less of the time. If your noncustodial parent has remarried, exclude your step-parent's information. After completing the calculator using your noncustodial parent's information, note the noncustodial parent's expected parent contribution. Complete the calculator again, using your custodial parent's information. Your custodial parent is the parent with whom you lived most of the time. If your custodial parent has remarried, exclude your step-parent's income information. When prompted for the question, "How much support will your noncustodial parent contribute to your first year of college education," report the amount of the noncustodial parent's expected contribution. Failure to include the noncustodial parent's contribution may result in an inaccurate net price calculation.
- If you are a U.S. citizen with parents living and working abroad, the results of the calculator may not be accurate. If you submit a CSS PROFILE as early as October 1 for the subsequent academic year and your parents are living and working abroad, upon request, WFU Student Financial Aid will verify the results of the net price calculator for your family.
- Net Price Calculator results do not include any merit scholarships. More information about merit scholarships can be found here.
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation; it will be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs on hand before you begin.