Welcome to the Whitman College Net Price Calculator! We are happy to help as you and your family explore how to afford a college education.
You can get an idea of your family’s expected family contribution (EFC) at Whitman by using this net price calculator tool. You can also learn about the various types of financial aid available at Whitman and how you and your family can begin planning to pay for a Whitman education. Please note that this net price calculator can only provide you with an estimate, but we hope that you can discover that a Whitman education can be affordable for you and your family.
Even if you're not going to college in the near future, the net price calculator will still be helpful. Younger students and their parents can use this tool to learn about college costs and receive early financial aid information. You can create "what if" scenarios based on expected family income and anticipated expenses, and start to plan and save well before applying to college.
When you're ready to begin, you can sign in with your College Board user name and password or use the calculator as a guest. The advantage of signing in is that the information you enter will be saved in your account, so you can use it again and again to calculate your net price at other colleges of interest.
This calculator is designed to give you an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify for if you were a new, first-year student attending school full-time in the academic year indicated.
As you use the calculator, please remember:
- This is not an application for admission or financial aid.
- The calculator is not intended for international or transfer students, or current Whitman students.
- The results will only be as reliable as the data you provide. With that in mind, if you have special circumstances such as loss of employment, high medical expenses, or you pay private school tuition for another child, please contact Financial Aid directly.
- You will receive an official offer of financial aid only after you have been admitted to Whitman and have completed all financial aid requirements. To apply for financial aid at Whitman, you must complete the CSS Profile and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by Whitman’s stated deadlines.
- This calculator will provide you with an estimates of the following:
- Your estimated cost of attendance at Whitman for 2014-15
- Your estimated expected family contribution (EFC)
- Your estimated financial aid package if you are enrolling as a first-year student for 2014-15.
Finally, we welcome any questions you might have about the net price calculator, your specific circumstances or other questions you might have. Please contact us toll-free at 509-527-5178 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are visiting campus, you can also schedule an appointment and talk with us in person.
Completing the calculator should take no more than 20 minutes of your time. You will need to answer some basic questions about your parents' financial situation so it will be helpful to have recent tax forms or pay stubs and asset information on hand before you begin.